Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Saint Arnold Oktoberfest

Okay so it is late August and still blazing hot here in Houston. And we all wish that it could cool down just a little bit, say down into the low 90's! However, one of the first signs of the impending fall season (other than pre-season football!!!) has arrived on shelves here and other Texas locations. It's Oktoberfest time! I actually saw Sam Adams Octoberfest in my local Spec's before I saw Saint Arnold's offering at the grocery store but my wife would have kicked me out of the house if I had brought home Sam before the Saint!

As fall approaches, I love to find as many of the special Fall brews that pop up around town. But since I like to tout the local boys as much as I can, I have to have this once first. Unlike the traditional Octoberfest beers, Saint Arnold's Oktoberfest is an ale made with Munich-style malts. This Oktoberfest pours orange/red with a light slightly tan head. The aroma is sweet, caramel and flowery. The caramel sweetness really hits you right off the bat as you taste it but it is nicely balanced with Saaz and Hallertauer hops on the way down.

There is nothing like going camping with friends as the first cold front of the season pushes through. Sitting around talking, laughing and keeping warm while sipping on an Oktoberfest is like a little bit of heaven on Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Great info... we are the best developers in india
    http://www.techzar-web-developers.com/

    ReplyDelete